Monday 9 June 2008

Dancing on Ice stars gear up for final

'Dancing on Ice' finalist Chris Fountain has played down his tag as favourite ahead of Sunday night's live final.
The 20-year-old 'Hollyoaks' star also insisted that his ice-hockey background does not give him an unfair advantage over the other contestants.
Fountain said: "I suppose it gave me a general awareness of the ice, but I still don't think I would have been scared to fall over because that's just the type of person I am - I throw myself into anything."
"I think I've tried some really difficult stuff and I don't feel like I've pushed myself less than anybody else. I don't feel like I've sat back on my experience and gone, 'I can do an easy routine and just sail my way through'."
Fellow finalist Suzanne Shaw said: "I think everyone's aware of how far they can push themselves."
"I know when to stop and I'm not stupid that I'll take it too far; that I will break something."
Former 'Coronation Street' star Zaraah Abrahams, who has also made the final of the show, said that she was skating for Michael Underwood, who was forced out of the show after he broke his ankle.
"They (Underwood and dance partner Melanie Lambert) often come down to our training and they get us going. They're so proud and we're so proud because we've done so well for them - we've got them into the final."